It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 7:08 am

Rainmeter Crash with Certain Skins

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
bblocker

Rainmeter Crash with Certain Skins

Post by bblocker »

Rainmeter is working fine for me until I try to load certain skins. The skins that I have tried and have made it crash are TECH-A, HUD Digital, ForceX, Dark_Rainmeter System Info - basically anything that is trying to do system monitor functions. The interesting thing is that TECH-A worked a couple of days ago, but only after starting Rainmeter without any skins, and then adding TECH-A later. Now, it crashes every time. The HUD Digital system monitor skins work, but not the HDD skins. Gnometer's disk skins work fine. Rainmeter's log file, even in debug mode, doesn't tell much.

If you would like a dump file, let me know. It's easy for me to reproduce the issue.

I'm running Rainmeter v2.3.3 r1522 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit. Motherboard is Asus p5b deluxe, with both Seagate and WD hard drives - mix of 2 sata and 1 pata. CPU is Core 2 Duo E6600.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Crash with Certain Skins

Post by jsmorley »

I can't replicate the problem here, not with TECH-A at least, and I suspect not the others either. I actually wrote Dark_Rainmeter.

Can you start with a blank setup (use the Themes tab in Manage and check "Save as empty theme" and give it a new name. Now load that empty theme. Now from the Skin tab, start loading the skins from TECH-A until you find that actual skin that crashes for you. Then we might be able to go from there.
bblocker

Re: Rainmeter Crash with Certain Skins

Post by bblocker »

Starting with a blank theme, then loading each skin one by one, they all load fine. However, when I exit Rainmeter, and start it back up, it crashes. Removing the [TECH-A\TECH-A] section from the rainmeter.ini file allows me to start it again (or changing it to Active=0). I can then load the theme, and it works.

Loading the TECH-A theme works when I start with a blank theme, but crashes again when I exit and restart.