It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 8:05 pm

the Chinese have all the answers

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Alex Becherer

the Chinese have all the answers

Post by Alex Becherer »

i was browsing the Chinese sister-site of rainmeter.net recently. while i could not understand a single word, it seems they have a pretty active community there.

and of course there are also developers. i found some plugins that i have not seen before:

luna.dll - gets the Chinese lunar date (either just day or month or complete date with the Year)
cncalendar.dll - must have something to do with the Chinese calendar as well
ttplayer.dll - for the TTPlayer audio player, a Chinese only software

so that's all cool stuff, but not not that useful for me, as i do not speak Chinese.
so maybe the last one is useful, but i can not figure out what it does:

kgv1.dll

any ideas???
Kaelri
Developer

Re: the Chinese have all the answers

Post by Kaelri »

As far as I can tell, it's related to something called Cool Dog Player, which looks like another media player.

http://search.discuz.qq.com/f/discuz?agId=0&charset=gbk&cuName=&egIds=&fId=6&fmSign=fabd&gId=7&module=forum&q=kgv1.dll&sId=6136669&sSiteUid=0&source=forum_forum&ugSign7=76b4&ts=1342634910&sig=dc90d6e1448184a4f97ee9f9507ba6e7

...I am fairly certain that is not an accurate translation, though.
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

ah, ok.
looks like a pretty nice player, skins seem to support free-form-alpha-transparency.
too bad it's Chinese-only again.
i wonder if they have skinnable video-player that supports alpha-transparency in China.
XANCI

Post by XANCI »

In my community (as far as I know), there are bunches of Music Players that used by minority be controled by skins through vbs (simulate hotkey). We also have skins reading lrc file and display lyrics using lua script.
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

cool :)
i can imagine that, considering how popular karaoke is in eastern Asia.