It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 8:16 am

Deskcloud v2.1 Gaming Panel Issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
waimzer

Deskcloud v2.1 Gaming Panel Issue

Post by waimzer »

Hi All,

very new to using Rainmeter and any desktop modifiers, having played around with it for a while now I feel I am almost complete in the appearance of my desktop.

I am using the DeskCloud 2.1 and can't seem to edit / alter any of the game panels, I can't get executable files to run off of them, nor can I change the appearances for each game I want to link.

Is anyone familiar with how to do this? And if so, could you possibly supply me with a newbie step-by-step guide on how to do so, what coding is involved (if any) and basically how I go about changing the icons. Im basically interested in making a diablo 3 one, world of warcraft, starcraft, minecraft links. At the moment they are set to default ones (need for speeds, battlefield etc)

If you need further information from me just ask please!

Thanks in advance
eL-Falso

Re: Deskcloud v2.1 Gaming Panel Issue

Post by eL-Falso »

Welcome :)

You can the links for the games, when you click on the EDIT-Button (bottom-right of hovered skin). When you have done this a file named path.inc will open. Then you can copy&paste the path to the executeable.

Alternatively, you could go to: C:\Users\*Username*\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\DC2\Panels\Gaming suite\

There you choose the folder for the Panel. Now you can exchange the Gaming-Banner and there you can edit the path.inc for linking the executable too.

I hope I could help you with my "not-the-best" english...
Rainmeter addict.
DeviartArt Profile

Current WIP-Desktop (Low-Quality atm):
http://puu.sh/z76w
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Also try reading this if you want to know more about editing skins: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Rainmeter101
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
waimzer

Post by waimzer »

ty both for the help, having found the folder which I can edit, I've managed to sort the images out and reaply the ones I wanted, which worked perfectly, I am still having issues however making the links work once I've pasted the entire address into the variables edit folder as it indicates.

Any ideas?

I've tried it with multiple ones which I know have worked on other skins
Im including the xxxx.exe part as well

Stuck as to what to do, maybe I have to edit the panel.config file as well as the path file?

Thanks again
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Try adding quotes around the path if you haven't already. Sometimes that fixes it. If not you might need to look into the code at the place where it's actually used.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
waimzer

Post by waimzer »

MerlinTheRed wrote:Try adding quotes around the path if you haven't already. Sometimes that fixes it. If not you might need to look into the code at the place where it's actually used.

Any idea where I can find that code? :D Sorry im terrible at this :P

Quotations didnt work unfortunately :(

Thanks for the help though, really appreciate it!
waimzer

Post by waimzer »

fixed it, ty all