It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:21 pm

Rainmeter 2.3 Backup Themes

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
JohnBurns

Rainmeter 2.3 Backup Themes

Post by JohnBurns »

I don't find any way to backup themes under the new version. Can someone please tell me? I have @backup, but when I click on it, and try to backup themes, nothing happens.....thanks
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
smurfier

Re: Rainmeter 2.3 Backup Themes

Post by smurfier »

The backup utility has been removed in Rainmeter 2.3.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

JohnBurns wrote:I don't find any way to backup themes under the new version. Can someone please tell me? I have @backup, but when I click on it, and try to backup themes, nothing happens.....thanks
Thanks for reply, but how do I now make sure I have backup in case of pc crash? Simply from my pc backup?
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

JohnBurns wrote: Thanks for reply, but how do I now make sure I have backup in case of pc crash? Simply from my pc backup?
Yes, you need to have Rainmeter data backed up as a part of your normal PC backup strategy.

Just to explain a bit why we did this: We found that there were a lot of problems with restoring an entire Rainmeter setup using a .rmskin / SkinInstaller solution due to problems with C++/.NET runtimes, User Account Control and other permissions issues that the installer for Rainmeter itself can handle but the SkinInstaller for .rmskin files really can't. Also, we found that quite a few folks were misunderstanding what the backup was for, and were backing up their entire Rainmeter installation, programs and plugins and all, and using that to distribute some skin they wrote. This was really causing problems. So we decided to do without this functionality going forward.
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

Thanks for reply and explanation......I appreciate it.