It is currently September 20th, 2024, 1:35 am

The New Guy :)

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
NiiCx

The New Guy :)

Post by NiiCx »

Hey guys and girls i would.... as you can see that I'm a new guy can some one explain to me how to get my desktop to look really cool and do i have to keep the task bar?? sorry for the noob ?'s....
Mordasius

Re: The New Guy :)

Post by Mordasius »

NiiCx wrote: can some one explain to me how to get my desktop to look really cool ...
I suggest you take a look at some of the Rainmeter skins and collections of skins (suites) on Deviant Art or Customize.org. Choose whatever you like the look of and then arrange or edit them to get your desktop looking as cool as Oymyakon in the Winter.
NiiCx wrote:.. do i have to keep the task bar?? ....
No you don't have to keep the Windows taskbar, but don't expect to be able to replace all its functions with Rainmeter skins ( see this post ).
NiiCx

Post by NiiCx »

Thank you very much
SacTappingUni

Post by SacTappingUni »

Mordasius wrote: No you don't have to keep the Windows taskbar, but don't expect to be able to replace all its functions with Rainmeter skins (see this post ).
No, see this post. It actually provides an solution instead of just saying "you can't" in big bold letters.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

SacTappingUni wrote: No, see this post. It actually provides an solution instead of just saying "you can't" in big bold letters.
With all respect, your post does not show how Rainmeter can be used to replace the Windows Taskbar. It relies on ObjectDock rather than Rainmeter for many of the functions and even though the combination of Rainmeter and ObjectDockPlus looks real pretty, it does not reproduce the full functionality of the Windows Taskbar.

So I'll stick with my advice that you can't expect to replace all the functions of the Windows Taskbar with Rainmeter skins. :)
SacTappingUni

Post by SacTappingUni »

I know that. But that doesn't really change much. Fully replacing one's taskbar with all features intact is currently impossible using Rainmeter alone. However, I actually provided a method that makes it feel like you're using rainmeter alone. And using ObjectDock by itself looks like total crap. It reminds me of a mac. I'm pretty sure that there's no better way to replace one's taskbar. I created the thread because nobody really showed a way to replace one's taskbar, they just said that you can't use rainmeter to do it; and quietly mentioned that there are ways to crudely replace it with buggy software.