It is currently April 28th, 2024, 10:51 am

Making and opening a chrome Button

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
rainmeternoob

Making and opening a chrome Button

Post by rainmeternoob »

Hey guys i spent hours and tried a bunch of different codes to make a google chrome button. I dont understand how to get it to work. Any help will be appreciated. All i want is to either be able to add to an existing skin/ meter or make a button to open my internet browser. Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Making and opening a chrome Button

Post by jsmorley »

rainmeternoob wrote:Hey guys i spent hours and tried a bunch of different codes to make a google chrome button. I dont understand how to get it to work. Any help will be appreciated. All i want is to either be able to add to an existing skin/ meter or make a button to open my internet browser. Thanks!
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
rainmeternoob

Post by rainmeternoob »

Ive tried this many a time (with my name as the user). Where do I add this into an existing skin and thank you for your time
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rainmeternoob wrote:Ive tried this many a time (with my name as the user). Where do I add this into an existing skin and thank you for your time

Code: Select all

[MeterChrome]
Meter=String
X=0
Y=0
FontSize=50
FontColor=255,255,255,255
Text=CHROME
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
rainmeternoob

Post by rainmeternoob »

Sorry to be a nuisance, But I'm trying to create a button now and my picture wont work and i followed the code for your google command and that didnt work. The picture didnt work either. I'm bad at this lol. My google application was not in those folders so i tried this and it was still ineffective and like i said my png file didn't work. I'm really appreciative of your help and time.

[MeterChrome]
Meter=Button
X=1
Y=1
ButtonImage=StupidSithEmblem.png
Button Command=!Execute ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rainmeternoob wrote:Sorry to be a nuisance, But I'm trying to create a button now and my picture wont work and i followed the code for your google command and that didnt work. The picture didnt work either. I'm bad at this lol. My google application was not in those folders so i tried this and it was still ineffective and like i said my png file didn't work. I'm really appreciative of your help and time.

[MeterChrome]
Meter=Button
X=1
Y=1
ButtonImage=StupidSithEmblem.png
Button Command=!Execute ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
Your code looks ok, you might want to take a look at this page: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-ButtonImage to make sure you are creating the button image correctly.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ah, I do see one mistake.

Should be:

ButtonCommand=!Execute ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]

There is never a space in an option name.