It is currently September 20th, 2024, 1:30 am

Newcomer here!

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
hem2137

Newcomer here!

Post by hem2137 »

Hey all - today's my first day with Rainmeter and I'm excited to be part of the community! I've started off with one of the starter-kit skins, Enigma. So far, though, I've been a bit frustrated with my limited (read: practically nonexistent) scripting abilities. If anyone has any elementary tips to give me (changing Celsius to Fahrenheit, 24-hour-clocks to 12, making custom shortcuts on the AllInOne skin) I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
SacTappingUni

Re: Newcomer here!

Post by SacTappingUni »

Welcome to rainmeter! I'm a little new here too. I did a bit of scripting before I joined the forums. Nothing crazy, just editing scripts to work better for me. I have figured out a few things. Here they are:

%#I:%M changes the time on a skin from 24hr to am-pm. It's actually quite useful because many cool-looking clock skins show time in 24hr format, which I don't know how to read. Just enter it as the time format.

If you want to designate a folder path, but it's something special, like the control panel or recycle bin, you can use the code found on this page: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-LaunchSpecialFolders
I found this useful when I was messing with the folder paths on one of my skins.
Seahorse

Re: Newcomer here!

Post by Seahorse »

I would works through Rainmeter 101 to get a better understanding of the priciples behind Rainmeter, it will help you a lot... :welcome:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt