It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:33 am

Rainmeter has stopped working

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
mikegarycole

Rainmeter has stopped working

Post by mikegarycole »

Hey everybody. I had Rainmeter 2.2 working with the Omnimo suite. Then for an unrelated reason I had to do a system restore and now I can't get Rainmeter working. I tried a clean uninstall and downloaded a new installer and reinstalled it, but every time I launch it, I get a error saying "Rainmeter has stopped working".

As a test, I installed the beta of 2.3 and it works fine, except that I can seem to get Omnimo running on it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I even went into appdata and manually deleted the Rainmeter stuff from there. I've run out of ideas.

Thanks!
joa.gknows

Re: Rainmeter has stopped working

Post by joa.gknows »

mikegarycole wrote:Hey everybody. I had Rainmeter 2.2 working with the Omnimo suite. Then for an unrelated reason I had to do a system restore and now I can't get Rainmeter working. I tried a clean uninstall and downloaded a new installer and reinstalled it, but every time I launch it, I get a error saying "Rainmeter has stopped working".

As a test, I installed the beta of 2.3 and it works fine, except that I can seem to get Omnimo running on it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I even went into appdata and manually deleted the Rainmeter stuff from there. I've run out of ideas.

Thanks!
same problem here... i did a system restore too and rainmeter never return to work.
poiru
Developer

Re: Rainmeter has stopped working

Post by poiru »

Try removing the %APPDATA%\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini folder and then launching Rainmeter.