It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 9:26 pm

Launch Button Problems

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
pikadrew

Launch Button Problems

Post by pikadrew »

Hello, new to Rainmeter here! I just installed the Animus BlackRoom vr.1.2 skin, but am having problems with launching applications through the buttons.

For instance, the meter code I edited for the Google Chrome button looks like this.

Code: Select all

[Meter]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=#CURRENTPATH#bChrome.png
X=3
Y=3
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
When I click the button, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Launch Button Problems

Post by jsmorley »

pikadrew wrote:Hello, new to Rainmeter here! I just installed the Animus BlackRoom vr.1.2 skin, but am having problems with launching applications through the buttons.

For instance, the meter code I edited for the Google Chrome button looks like this.

Code: Select all

[Meter]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=#CURRENTPATH#bChrome.png
X=3
Y=3
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"]
When I click the button, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
I see nothing wrong with this. Are you double sure that path is right? I assume in your real code you have replaced "username" with the actual account where the software is?

Also, you want to use ButtonCommand= instead of LeftMouseUpAction= on a Button meter.
pikadrew

Post by pikadrew »

Oh right yes, I replaced username with my actual account.

I actually figured it out though, guess I just had to refresh the skin to get it to work. D'oh! Haha thanks for the help! :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

:-)