It is currently May 1st, 2024, 9:18 am

by clicking one of the .ini it closes the another .ini ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
andzon

by clicking one of the .ini it closes the another .ini ?

Post by andzon »

i just install rainmeter and i been clicking on the apps in the rainmeter till it reaches a certain point where it replace whenever i click on a new one

any idea whats the problem?

for example, i click google.ini and open google and clicks another one and it replace the google
andzon

Re: by clicking one of the .ini it closes the another .ini ?

Post by andzon »

any idea guys? ;( this thing have been bothering me badly.

btw when i click the installer. nothing happens
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Sorry, but I have no idea what you mean. You need to describe the behavior more clearly. Also, what "installer" are you talking about?
andzon

Post by andzon »

forget about the installer this is what i do

i click rainmeter,

and "manage rainmmeter" appear

i clicked one of the active skins and click each of them one by one for exp: gmail.ini, location.ini

till it reaches a point where it replace my previous .ini in my desktop. any idea why?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

andzon wrote:forget about the installer this is what i do

i click rainmeter,

and "manage rainmmeter" appear

i clicked one of the active skins and click each of them one by one for exp: gmail.ini, location.ini

till it reaches a point where it replace my previous .ini in my desktop. any idea why?
In Manage, you are given a list on the left with all skins. When you double click a .ini file, it toggles it between loaded and unloaded. You can also single click a skin and then use the button at the top right of Manage to Load or Unload the skin.

If you load a skin (a .ini file) that is in the same folder with another .ini (we call these "variants"), then the one you load will open and the previously loaded one in the same folder will close.

Let me know if this helps, or if something is still confusing.
andzon

Post by andzon »

jsmorley wrote: the one you load will open and the previously loaded one in the same folder will close.
this is what im trying to avoid, how to avoid the previous one close? what happen is that when i click a .ini and click "load" the previous .ini will be unloaded. any idea to stop it from unloading?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

andzon wrote: this is what im trying to avoid, how to avoid the previous one close? what happen is that when i click a .ini and click "load" the previous .ini will be unloaded. any idea to stop it from unloading?
You have to have the .ini files in separate folders under Skins\ in order to load both of them at the same time.