It is currently May 1st, 2024, 7:33 pm

Show Media Player When song is playing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Dylfish

Show Media Player When song is playing

Post by Dylfish »

Hey Guys,

I have a nowplaying based media skin and i was wondering if it was able to be configured so that it shows itself when my media player (winamp) is playing a song and hides itself when nothing is playing? i Know this might be a long shot.

Cheers
~Faradey~

Re: Show Media Player When song is playing

Post by ~Faradey~ »

it would be nice to see the code of the skin :)
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

This is possible, however it makes using a skin for your music player a little pointless (at least for starting and stopping a song). Once the skin is hidden, you can't use the skin to play a song anymore (even though its still loaded) - you have to manually hit "play" on your music player before you can access anything with your skin.

Anyway, if you still want to do it, you will need to use the State playertype.

Here is an example:

Code: Select all

[HideShowPlayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[MusicPlayerMeasure]
PlayerType=STATE
IfEqualValue=0
IfEqualAction=!HideFade
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!ShowFade
Just replace [MusicPlayerMeasure] with your "parent" (or main) player measure. If you are already using the "State" playertype, then just add the IfActions to it (no need to have multiple measures).

The above example will hide the entire skin (using a fade effect) when the music is stopped. It will show the entire skin (using a fade effect) when the music is playing or paused. You could also use the !Hide/!Show bangs instead.

-Brian
Dylfish

Post by Dylfish »

cool thanks.

I'm going to have the control still showing (but small) and the main part to toggle depending on state :)

Cheers.