It is currently September 21st, 2024, 1:02 am

Binding Rainmeter to use a specific network adapter.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
OrvosVad

Binding Rainmeter to use a specific network adapter.

Post by OrvosVad »

Is there a way to have Rainmeter or an individual skin like VClouds bind to a specific network adapter? I have a situation where I have one adapter that uses a proxy (LAN) and one that doesn't (WLAN). I would like to use VClouds but it defaults to the wired connection. I would like to force it to use the wireless connection instead. Any ideas?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Binding Rainmeter to use a specific network adapter.

Post by jsmorley »

I don't think there is anything in WebParser or Rainmeter in general that can do that. The only thing I can think of that "might" help is to change the connection settings in Internet Explorer to use your WLAN connection. WebParser uses an API call to IE to connect to the internet, (it doesn't matter a bit what browser you actually use) and I think it will obey whatever setting you have there.
OrvosVad

Post by OrvosVad »

Thanks.
I was hoping there was just a variable I could set to make it work. :(
OrvosVad

Post by OrvosVad »

For anyone who might be interested, I did get this working but I had to create a local proxy server on my desktop using Freeproxy. Webparser has a proxy setting but it does not support authentication. Using Freeproxy, I bound it to the wireless adapter then used the proxy settings for webparser in the skin.ini file and matched the correct host/IP.

Webparser settings.
http://rainmeter.cn/cms/Plugins-WebParser

Freeproxy
http://www.handcraftedsoftware.org/index.php?page=download&op=getFile&id=2&title=FreeProxy-Internet-Suite