It is currently May 1st, 2024, 8:31 am

Weird Skin issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
galamdring

Weird Skin issue

Post by galamdring »

So I've only been using Rainmeter for a couple weeks, but I quickly got into modifying the skins that I found.
The issue I'm having with this one is that if it is set to active when rainmeter starts, rainmeter crashes. If I let rainmeter start, then turn it on, it works beautifully.
I'm not even sure where to start looking for an issue like this one.

I started by resizing the "Main Thingie" from "Circle Theme", which I think I found on DeviantArt. The last thing I changed, and probably where the problem is, was adding the GCal code that I found somewhere on here. (Its the notes section, since that is what I replaced with the GCal).

Any help/general direction is greatly appreciated.
fragrant.monkey

Re: Weird Skin issue

Post by fragrant.monkey »

It would be helpful to post your skin code up for perusal, then maybe someone might spot a code problem that is causing this crash. :thumbup:
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
galamdring

Post by galamdring »

My apologies, I thought I had attached it.

Should be on there now...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

To be honest, I would break this thing up into a few separate skins instead of just doing everything (cpu meter, google calendar, some kind of feed reader, weather skin) all in one huge .ini file. This just spits out a million errors for me due to missing fonts and images I don't have and WebParser failures on feeds I don't have the passwords for, and the skin is so huge and doing so many things that I'm not sure where to start.

You might try commenting out discrete sections that do the big functional things I mentioned above, one at a time, until you figure which "functionality" is causing the crash. Then you might try moving that into its own skin so you can do some debugging of just it.
galamdring

Post by galamdring »

I hadn't thought of doing that. Thank you for the suggestion.
galamdring

Post by galamdring »

So, of course, as soon as I started breaking it up, I found the issue. I had left a reference to a Measure that I had replaced.