It is currently April 30th, 2024, 9:34 pm

Moved Skins Won't Appear

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Adiamorph

Moved Skins Won't Appear

Post by Adiamorph »

First of all, I'm running Rainmeter 2.2.0 Beta on 64-bit Windows 7.

ANYWAY:
I got my replacement external hard drive a couple days ago and I moved a lot of my documents and such onto it, including my Rainmeter skins. After I moved them, I realized that they wouldn't work if I had to refresh them so I thought I'd try to get that out of the way by changing whatever settings I'd need to. However, even though I changed the SkinPath setting to the new folder, they still won't show up. I moved my whole Skins folder so none of the subfolders are any different. ↓

As I read through the forum guidelines and stuff a bit, I went to go check the version of Rainmeter I was using and I saw on that tab that the SkinPath still hadn't changed. ↓

This seems like it should be really basic, but I have no idea how to get THAT part to change.
Any help would be appreciated because I was running about 7 of my own skins, one of which was a whole list of shortcuts that I used very frequently. I AM HELPLESS.

MAJOR EDIT
...I fixed it. /epic facepalm goes here
I tried closing Rainmeter like usual, and I decided that didn't work so I thought there was another way.
GUESS WHAT? There was. I closed the actual Rainmeter.exe from the Task Manager because I noticed it was still there when I thought all of Rainmeter was closed.
And THAT worked.