It is currently May 8th, 2024, 1:19 am

Dock-Like Apparatus - Help :)

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ToxiCxStone

Dock-Like Apparatus - Help :)

Post by ToxiCxStone »

Hey guys,
I'm from germany and new to Rainmeter :) I hope that you understand everything i wanted to say ;)

My "problem":
When you've installed the application "Dock-Like Apparatus" you've got an "taskbar" on your screen. If you click on it, theres a drop-down menu where you can choose programs/ shortcuts and so on. Dock-Like Apparatus

If I start a program via "Dock-Like Apparatus" the menu will be drop down and stay opened until I click again on the titelbar! Is there a way to close the menu after I clicked on my shortcut?

Code is below, I think this is the most important part of it! On top of these lines are just the font, text size (and stuff like that), the titel and the choices.
After [Choice1] there comes the same for [Choice2] (depends on how many Shortcuts you have).

Is there something wrong or you don't understand please correct me or ask, thanks! :)

kind regards ToxiCxStone

Code: Select all

[TitleBackground]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=#BackgroundColor#
W=#Width#
H=#Height#
X=0
Y=0
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterToggleMeter TitleHighlight] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice1] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice2] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice3] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice4] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice5] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice6] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice1Label] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice2Label] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice3Label] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice4Label] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice5Label] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Choice6Label] [!RainmeterRedraw]
[TitleHighlight]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=#HighlightColor#
W=#Width#
H=#Height#
X=r
Y=r
Hidden=1
[TitleText]
Meter=STRING
X=(#Width#/2)
Y=r
StringAlign=#TextAlignment#
StringStyle=#TextStyle#
AntiAlias=1
FontColor=#TextColor#
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#TextSize#
Text=#TitleText#

[Choice1]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=#BackgroundColor#
W=#Width#
H=#Height#
X=0
Y=R
Hidden=1
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Choice1Highlight] [!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Choice1Highlight] [!RainmeterRedraw]
LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute [#Choice1Path#]
[Choice1Highlight]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=#HighlightColor#
W=#Width#
H=#Height#
X=r
Y=r
Hidden=1
[Choice1Label]
Meter=STRING
X=(#Width#/2)
Y=r
StringAlign=CENTER
StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1
FontColor=#TextColor#
FontFace=#Font#
FontSize=#TextSize#
Text=#Choice1Text#
Hidden=1
r0k

Re: Dock-Like Apparatus - Help :)

Post by r0k »

Quickly seeing this, i'd say you need to hide the meters that were shown on top as part of the LeftMouseUp !Execute bang.
Also assigning groups to all those meter would help showing and hiding them all with a single !Bang.
ToxiCxStone

Post by ToxiCxStone »

I don't get it :P
I know nothing about Rainmeter etc., so how has the code look like?

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute bang (?! :D) [#Choice1Path#]
r0k

Post by r0k »

ToxiCxStone wrote:I don't get it :P
I know nothing about Rainmeter etc., so how has the code look like?
Then i suggest you read Rainmeter 101 and have a look at the rainmeter manual
Rainmeter really isn't that hard once you get the basics. It's nothing like learning a programming language.
I might be able to give you a fish, but it's better yet if you learn fishing ;-)

As for this specific issue, you got the right line. You need to add !Bangs to hide the meters after (or before) launching the path. Something like :

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ([#Choice1Path#][!HideMeter <Meter name>])
With meter name being the name of the meters shown at the top. You need one [!HideMeter] for each meter or use groups.
There's a number of meters and i don't have the whole code so i'll leave it up to you. Read the docs, and within a few weeks you'll start writing you own skins rather than trying to modify others. :)
ToxiCxStone

Post by ToxiCxStone »

Ahh :)
Thank you very much, i've got it!! ;)
It's actually pretty simpel but you need to know what you have to do. :P Maybe my english is not that bad, but in specific things like this I fail hard. It's dificult to learn something in another language, but maybe i'll get the time and "teaching" myself ;)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Glad you got it working. Good job!
r0k

Post by r0k »

ToxiCxStone wrote:Maybe my english is not that bad, but in specific things like this I fail hard. It's dificult to learn something in another language, but maybe i'll get the time and "teaching" myself ;)
You can try google translate on the documentation. Depending on your natural language the results might be easier for you to understand thant english ... or not (google translate is still funny at times :lol: )