It is currently May 1st, 2024, 2:41 am

Skin Position

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cedric115

Skin Position

Post by cedric115 »

I want to know if there's any way to set a position of a skin by moving another 1??

Anny suggestion :rosegift:
KreAch3R

Re: Skin Position

Post by KreAch3R »

Do you want the other skin to move "relatively" to the skin you will move? I guess it can happen, using #CURRENTCONFIGX# and #CURRENTCONFIGY#, hard-writing it to the appropriate files, and refreshing the 2 skins. Or you can do it with .lua, I suppose.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

This question has been asked several times. The true answer is yes, but it can be quite messy.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
LeftMouseUpAction=!EnableMeasure MoveIt

[MoveIt]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MoveIt+1
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!Move (#CURRENTCONFIGX#+#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#) #CURRENTCONFIGY# Your\Config\Name
Disabled=1
DynamicVariables=1
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
cedric115

Post by cedric115 »

All i want to know its how to get a "CURRENTCONFIGY" and "CURRENTCONFIGX" of an other skin
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

cedric115 wrote:All i want to know its how to get a "CURRENTCONFIGY" and "CURRENTCONFIGX" of an other skin
You can't really "get it", you have to be "sent it" by the skin in question using a !SetVariable or !SetOption where skinB sends its own values for those to skinA. "When" you do this is another issue. You could do it on some timed basis, but that feels unsatisfactory if the goal is to have skinB "follow" skinA.

You could have skinA "ask" for the values from skinB in a sense, by having skinA execute a !CommandMeasure bang with skinB as the value of the optional "config" parameter (and have skinB then "answer" by sending a !SetVariable/!SetOption using skinA as the config parameter)... Still not sure there is any good way to have two skins following each other in any real-time way that isn't horribly inefficient.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Those variables do not really work that way. You can force the other skin to send the values of those variables to another skin under different names.

!SetVariable OtherConfigX #CURRENTCONFIGX# Your\Config\Here
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
cedric115

Post by cedric115 »

For my needs i think just onload would be perfect =) or onMove

What i've done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piQtvXgBFSk

What i want is: When i move the icon de background folow
Last edited by cedric115 on April 19th, 2012, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

There is no "OnMove" though. If you can live with using OnRefreshAction in [Rainmeter], that should be doable.

Smufier's approach with

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
LeftMouseUpAction=!EnableMeasure MoveIt
Works, but understand that you will have to first drag the skin, then click it to fire the action. LeftMouseUpAction is not fired by simply dragging a skin and letting go.