It is currently April 30th, 2024, 11:33 pm

Calling A Meter from an other skin? & WebParser

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kabott

Calling A Meter from an other skin? & WebParser

Post by kabott »

Hello, i have a couple doubts/ issues, both are fairly simple (i think)

1- How can i "call" (activate/deactivate) a meter/measure from an other skin? i looked around but i cant seem to find the answer.

2- Web Parser; Well my scripting skills are very basic ( i know a little bit of Easylenguage, Html, & C#)
I mostly learn by messing around with stuff - the old fashion way- , but before i get "deep" into messing with WebParses, i would wish to know if what i have in mind is even doable. That is, can i get the info displayed in online widgets?

here's an example of what i mean:
http://www.fxstreet.com/forex-studies/?idtab=02503246-c41c-4e7d-99d6-532e3516fc9f

So can i somehow have all that info displayed on my desk using Rainmeter's WebParser? And what would be the difficulty level to accomplish this programatically, if possible?

Multiple choice answers:

1- Fairly easy, once you understand how it works and make one the rest is easy cake.
2- Intermediate, gave it 6 month of work.
3- Very complicated for someone with basic knowledge, you'll need to learn .Lua as well. - a year or more-

4- Forget about it, cant be done :P

ok, lol..also, a little request: more Tutorials please! so that been all , thanks so much for your help. :)
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Calling A Meter from an other skin? & WebParser

Post by dragonmage »

I'm leaning toward 4. If that site has an API for accessing the info it might be possible for you to use your C# knowledge to create a plugin for Rainmeter that would let you display the information you want.
kabott

Re: Calling A Meter from an other skin? & WebParser

Post by kabott »

Daamn :P my C sharp is too basic, so.. bye to that, thanks for the response anyways :)