It is currently May 1st, 2024, 2:58 pm

Sugestions: Position Layers

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
kabott

Sugestions: Position Layers

Post by kabott »

Hi all, and congrats to the Rainmeter team for such a great work! I love it and i wish i had started learning scripting sooner! :)

Well my sugestion has to do with the skins Z position relative to each other and other applications/programs, i have realized that some Z pos options dont work (or im doing something wrong)
like if a skin is -2 and an other is set to -1 the first (-2) will immediatly go on top of the second (-1) after refreshing.. shouldn't it stay below it? whats the point for the Zposition been set at -2, the same whit the last 2 "on top" Z positions.
So my suggestion is, this , make the layers position respect their layer position :D
i say it with all the respect and support for what you do. An other thing that i think is missing is an option for a skin to stay on top of all other skins but below other applications.

so basically this is what im saying:

Z Pos= -2 (below all other Rainmeter layers/skins & below other applications)
Z Pos= -1 (on top of -2 but below all other layers/skins & below other applications)
Z Pos= 0 (on top of -2 & -1 but below all other layers/skins & below other applications)
Z Pos= 1 (on top of -2 , -1 & 0 but below all other layers/skins & below other applications)
Z Pos= 2 (on top all the previous but below other applications)
Z Pos= 3 (on top of everything including other applications)

it would be so much useful to arrange it this way, anyways thats it. :great:
poiru
Developer

Re: Sugestions: Position Layers

Post by poiru »

kabott wrote:Well my sugestion has to do with the skins Z position relative to each other and other applications/programs, i have realized that some Z pos options dont work (or im doing something wrong)
like if a skin is -2 and an other is set to -1 the first (-2) will immediatly go on top of the second (-1) after refreshing.. shouldn't it stay below it? whats the point for the Zposition been set at -2, the same whit the last 2 "on top" Z positions.
Sounds like a bug. I'll take a look later.
kabott wrote:So my suggestion is, this , make the layers position respect their layer position :D
i say it with all the respect and support for what you do. An other thing that i think is missing is an option for a skin to stay on top of all other skins but below other applications.
First of all, what you're suggesting would break backwards compatibility. Second, the skin positions have special traits that you aren't considering. For example, both -2 (On desktop) and 0 (Normal) stay visible when the Windows "Show desktop" button is used. However,-2 always sticks to the desktop while 0 will be activated (and brought to top even above other applications) on click.