It is currently May 7th, 2024, 5:03 am

Lua Animation?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
lysy1993lbn

Lua Animation?

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Just wondering if it could be done with Rainmeter.
I don't have any lua skills so I do ask here and sorry if this question is stupid..

I imagine it to do something like lua script sending !SetVariable bang [ get some way x or y variable and add +1 to it ] and loop this operation for example 20 times at interval of 20ms or something like that..

Hope that is possible..
Sorry for my English..
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Lua Animation?

Post by jsmorley »

lysy1993lbn wrote:Just wondering if it could be done with Rainmeter.
I don't have any lua skills so I do ask here and sorry if this question is stupid..

I imagine it to do something like lua script sending !SetVariable bang [ get some way x or y variable and add +1 to it ] and loop this operation for example 20 times at interval of 20ms or something like that..

Hope that is possible..
Sorry for my English..
Not really, not unless you set the skin to Update=20 and have each update of the Lua do one iteration of your animation. You can't do any kind of "sleep" function in Lua, as Rainmeter waits for the Lua to finish on each update, and will just freeze while the loop is executed in Lua and then do all actions at once.

Rainmeter / Lua is just not designed in a way that supports animations very well at this time. We are looking at some things to improve this, but it might be several months before we see progress.