It is currently May 7th, 2024, 8:24 pm

Windows 7 + Show Desktop = Rainmeter hidden

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
qbex

Windows 7 + Show Desktop = Rainmeter hidden

Post by qbex »

Hello,
I've recently installed Rainmeter and some skins. But sometimes (2-3 times/10 tries) it disapeared from my desktop. It's same whether is it set to "Normal" or "On Desktop", no difference. Same on Stable and Beta.

I also have problem with installing my backup. It says:

Code: Select all

Unable to backup from:
C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\RainFile

To:
C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\Backup\2012.03.31 12.08-34
Thanks in advance.
JoBu

Re: Windows 7 + Show Desktop = Rainmeter hidden

Post by JoBu »

qbex wrote:Hello,
I've recently installed Rainmeter and some skins. But sometimes (2-3 times/10 tries) it disapeared from my desktop. It's same whether is it set to "Normal" or "On Desktop", no difference. Same on Stable and Beta.
What skins are you using, and are they shutting down or disappearing? I mean, are the skins unloading or are they still active but no longer visible?

I had problems with installing from backup too, I think there might be a problem internally with that function. Check your paths to make sure the file is available where the error message said it should be... but other than that, I think we'll have to wait until one of the devs look into it.
qbex

Post by qbex »

It's not shutting down. It just minimizes when I click Show Desktop, but it still is in tray.
qbex

Post by qbex »

UP, problem still exists.
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

Outside of the slight possibility that some process is taking over your desktop, I have no idea what that problem might be... mine stays where it should when clicking the little show desktop deal. It's a shot in the dark, but maybe log the processes that are running when it works, and the processes that are running when it doesn't and compare the two?

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon. :(
qbex

Post by qbex »

When I updated to the newest beta it worked perfect... for 2 days. Now it's same as earlier.

EDIT:
I found it ;) The program causing problem is AIMP 3. When it's launched this weird things are happening. Now I must figure out how to fix it. Any ideas?
Last edited by qbex on May 2nd, 2012, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

qbex wrote:When I updated to the newest beta it worked perfect... for 2 days. Now it's same as earlier. It can't be running process, because in one moment it works, and after 3 seconds it's not.
All you have to do is ensure that all your skins are set to a "Position" of "On Desktop" or "Normal". You can do this in the Manage dialog from the Rainmeter system tray icon.

Having said that, it is possible that one or more skins you are running are changing that setting themselves when they are loaded or refreshed. Omnimo is one set of skins that I think does that. You can fix that by editing the skin(s) and looking for any commands like:

OnRefreshAction=!ZPos ... in the [Rainmeter] section of the skin at the top. You can just remove that line and it will stop changing the position of the skin in the "Z" plane.
qbex

Post by qbex »

I'm sure, all of them are set to"On Desktop" and thing which is causing the problem is AIMP3. It behaves same on every skin, even default. The funny thing is when I open AIMP and click "Show Desktop" first time with Rainmeter also disappears taskbar but taskbar orb is still visible... :confused: