It is currently May 18th, 2024, 8:39 am

Off/Restart/Sleep

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
4nt1p0p

Off/Restart/Sleep

Post by 4nt1p0p »

Hi guys. I was wondering if there is any way to make rainmeter skins for Turn off PC, Restart, Sleep or Log out. I was browsing through net and found various plugins that are avaible to run windows processes so I thought they might be good to use for it together with some quit rainmeter plugin. But I am not really a PC fanatic so I dont have clue whats the name of these processes or how to get it done finally in rainmeter.

Thanks in advance, regards. :welcome:
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Off/Restart/Sleep

Post by jsmorley »

It's a very common type of skin folks make. If you go to DeviantART at http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?order=5 and search for "shutdown" or "sleep" or "power" you will find lots of skins that you can either use or tear apart to see how they work.
4nt1p0p

Post by 4nt1p0p »

Thanks. I wil ldefinetly check that out. I forgot about another problem :? :D
Is there a way I could make a taskbar skin which would actually show the tasks? I found only startbutton and a plugin that use mouse click to display tasks in popup.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

4nt1p0p wrote:Thanks. I wil ldefinetly check that out. I forgot about another problem :? :D
Is there a way I could make a taskbar skin which would actually show the tasks? I found only startbutton and a plugin that use mouse click to display tasks in popup.
No, Rainmeter cannot be used to create a reasonably functional taskbar.
4nt1p0p

Post by 4nt1p0p »

Alright so I will have to work with what I got. Thanks for pretty fast advice. :bow: