It is currently May 1st, 2024, 10:54 pm

Problem with Enigma Launcher icons

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Hellfireboy

Problem with Enigma Launcher icons

Post by Hellfireboy »

When I first installed Enigma a while back I was able to was able to easily change the icons on the launcher in the taskbar but I just noticed today that the new icons I had assigned were missing. When I tried to change the icon I got the following error.

Windows cannot find '\Program Files\Rainmeter\Addons\Rainfile\...\...\Rainmeter.exe'. Make susre you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

At first I though that there was some corruption in my installations and, since Rainmeter and Enigma are rather lightweight, I uninsulated and reinstalled them but to no avail. For the record I am on Win7 64bit and ran the 64bit installation of Rainmeter.
JoBu

Re: Problem with Enigma Launcher icons

Post by JoBu »

Did you do a Clean Uninstall?

It seems like something went wonky with Rainmeter, if changing Icons pops an error message talking about the Rainmeter.exe - I don't even understand why a change to a filepath regarding a component of a skin would kill Rainmeter, seems weird.

Hopefully, one of the experts will be posting soon. Try the Clean Wipe, and download a new copy of Rainmeter. Try an Install and before you change Icons, see what your system is doing while just running Rainmeter. If it looks nominal, try changing Icons by choosing a new Icon and giving it the exact same name as the one you want to replace, then copy it to the same folder and allow it to overwrite the old Icon. See if that works... no path change that way, I don't see why it would brick... but then again I don't understand why it did the first time... lol.

Any rate, best of luck!

Cheers,

//JoBu
Hellfireboy

Post by Hellfireboy »

I tried the clean uninstall and reinstall but still no go. After poking around in Rainmeter for a while it seems that the problem is between Options.ini and UserVariables.inc where Options writes everything to UserVariables correctly but it falls when it comes to writing the icon path. I was able to go into UserVariables and directly write the icon paths and save it and the icons then showed up on the dock but I can't do it with the Options interface menu though writing app paths and names goes off without a hitch. Strange, but at least it's a workaround for the problem. I don't yet have enough of an understanding of the inner workings of Rainmeter to offer a theory as to why that is happening or how to fix it.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

I suspect this is an issue with RainFile and not Rainmeter. RainFile is an AutoIt script written by Kaelri, the author of Enigma. Any fixes will need to be performed by him.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .