It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 6:51 pm

Using a dynamic variable as a PlayerName for NowPlaying?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
themoodude

Using a dynamic variable as a PlayerName for NowPlaying?

Post by themoodude »

Hi,

I've made a simple media control skin which displays the majority of contents only when my media player is running (using the Process plugin to detect it). I then thought that as I often use a few different players (spotify, vlc, wmp) why could I not run 3 process measures to detect which is running, have them set a player variable, and throw that into the NowPlaying plugin to make the thing versatile and functional regardless of the player I choose to use. Unfortunately it seems that when I try this, despite the variable being set correctly (to the desired PlayerName), NowPlaying either gives me nothing but blank info for Artist and Track (and is also not functional in the play command bangs), or it gives me an unknown player error. I've set dynamic variables pretty much everywhere, and according to the manual NowPlaying supports dynamic variables. Have I missed something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dean
poiru
Developer

Re: Using a dynamic variable as a PlayerName for NowPlaying?

Post by poiru »

Can you post your skin?
themoodude

Re: Using a dynamic variable as a PlayerName for NowPlaying?

Post by themoodude »

I've uploaded the skin in question. The Process plugin seems to be doing its job fine, and the variables seem to be setting fine. It just seems that NowPlaying doesn't want to work with the newly set variables.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.