It is currently May 7th, 2024, 1:42 pm

NowPlaying - SongBird

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
UberSlackr

NowPlaying - SongBird

Post by UberSlackr »

Could someone tell me how to get NowPlaying plugin to work with SongBird? Please, I nothing about how to code/script/edit skin ini. So please explain well.. or I'll be lost!

Thank you
UberSlackr

Re: NowPlaying - SongBird

Post by UberSlackr »

NowPlaying Plugin - Won't even work with MusicBee. Even though I set the Variable to "CAD" as instructed here: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying

I'm using the Soita Skin (http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7740)

Edit: I event tried using the Example skin at the bottom of the NowPlaying plugin page. but its not work.. Why?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

First, are you using the most current Rainmeter 2.3 beta?

Second, please describe "not working".

Third, there is no support at this point for Songbird. A plugin would need to be written for Songbird to make it's information available to NowPlaying.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

UberSlackr wrote:NowPlaying Plugin - Won't even work with MusicBee. Even though I set the Variable to "CAD" as instructed here: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying
Do you have the 'cd art display' plugin enabled in MusicBee?
UberSlackr

Post by UberSlackr »

poiru wrote: Do you have the 'cd art display' plugin enabled in MusicBee?
Yes CD Art Display plugin is enabled. But nothing Appears on the Soita Skin
(Screenshot: http://d.pr/w0FQ )
UberSlackr

Post by UberSlackr »

smurfier wrote:First, are you using the most current Rainmeter 2.3 beta?

Second, please describe "not working".

Third, there is no support at this point for Songbird. A plugin would need to be written for Songbird to make it's information available to NowPlaying.
I'm using the most recent Stable Release of Rainmeter.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

I assume you have Player=CAD under the [Variables] section? If so, try this:
1) Right-click on Soita skin -> Refresh skin
2) Close MusicBee completely
3) Start MusicBee
UberSlackr

Post by UberSlackr »

poiru wrote:I assume you have Player=CAD under the [Variables] section? If so, try this:
1) Right-click on Soita skin -> Refresh skin
2) Close MusicBee completely
3) Start MusicBee
Okay, well that seemed to work.. Not sure why, since Rainmeter was loaded long before MusicBee was. Since Rainmeter runs on system boot, and the music player isn't. and CAD was set already (before system restart).

Anyways, I had to close MusicBee. Then after getting a lil annoy, I clicked refresh on the Soita skin like 10 times, then opened MusicBee, and it finally worked.

Sadly there is no support for SongBird, since I really prefer it over MusicBee. But I can live with the switch if it allows Rainmeter to work properly

Thank you very much for your help.
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

I had created a Songbird player at one point, but some of my threads have disappeared... you may be able to find a skin for it outside of the NowPlaying plugin, but I'd have to look to be sure... I'll get back to you in a few hours.
UberSlackr

Post by UberSlackr »

JoBu wrote:I had created a Songbird player at one point, but some of my threads have disappeared... you may be able to find a skin for it outside of the NowPlaying plugin, but I'd have to look to be sure... I'll get back to you in a few hours.
If you could find that post of your about the Songbird Player that would be great, cause I really hate MusicBee. Its so laggy and they way it handles the library is totaly crap. It deleted 60% of the Album Art i had embedded into the .mp3 tags