It is currently May 1st, 2024, 6:29 pm

Centralized skin fetch thread?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
JoBu

Centralized skin fetch thread?

Post by JoBu »

Every few weeks or months, something breaks on various skins. Either Gmail or Facebook or Twitter... with updates to their sites and the way they route things, our skins break and we have to search for the new Get codes or other.

Would a forum thread serving as a repository for the fetch codes to certain standard sites used in our skins be of service? Are there additions that we could implement to make such a thread even more useful, like .dll download links, or site links to knowledgebase data like wikis or index sites?

Just some thoughts, I go now to find an update to my Facebook skins. :)
JoBu

Re: Centralized skin fetch thread?

Post by JoBu »

No one?

Perhaps I need an example... let's call it a Reference Thread and include things like:

- AutoIt Functions
- Windows Shell Commands
- Weather (Weather.com, Accuweather, Yahoo Weather) RegEx Codes
- Facebook, Gmail, RSS, Other Common Site, RegEx Codes

etc.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

We are pretty happy with the "categories / forums" right now. We have historically found that adding more high level areas doesn't help much in the long run, and only makes it harder for someone new to the forums to know where to post and where to look. Having said that however, feel free to create any threads you like anywhere you like. If they take off are are well used and don't turn into a mess, I'll be happy to make any / all of them sticky.
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

Sounds good, I'll see if I can work something up and hopefully it will be of use.

Cheers.