It is currently June 3rd, 2024, 2:01 am

need help

General topics related to Rainmeter.
sudeki300

need help

Post by sudeki300 »

i have just installed rainmeter but cant seem to clear my desktop, when i was messing about with it earlier it would clear the screen if i clicked on the drop icon in the task tray. but i cannot make it do it again, if i just delete all the shortcuts from my desktop there are a few that can't be removed like recycle bin icon. please help a noob who cannot wait to use this great app. thanks...................sudeki300
JoBu

Re: need help

Post by JoBu »

In Vista and Windows 7 it's a snap. Right-click the desktop and choose Properties. Click the "Change desktop icons" link. Un-check Recycle Bin, click OK, close the Properties window. Gone!

If you're using XP it's more painful. Click Start, click Run, enter REGEDIT. Navigate to the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace. Now highlight the subkey below NameSpace that has the name {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}. Notice that in the right-hand pane its default value says "Recycle Bin".

Right-click that subkey and choose Export. Export just this branch to a file in some location where you'll remember it. Later you can restore the Recycle Bin by launching this file. Right-click the subkey again and choose Delete. If the Recycle Bin doesn't vanish immediately click the desktop and press F5 to refresh. If it still isn't gone, reboot. - Neil J. Rubenking.

Are there more icons you're having problems with?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

In Windows 7 you can simply right click on the desktop > View > Uncheck "Show Desktop Icons".

In Windows XP the same setting is under "Arrange Icons By" in the desktop context menu.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

er... what he said.

you really ARE smurfier :)
sudeki300

Post by sudeki300 »

thanks to both of you for your replies, now i can start setting up rainmeter......................sudeki300
Mcdaniel

Post by Mcdaniel »

Hi, I also have installed rainmeter but my PC doesn't see the program and starts working too slow ...I have Windows 7, perhaps that is because of my antivirus.