It is currently May 4th, 2024, 7:31 pm

Automatic changing of skins or themes

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
dasinc

Automatic changing of skins or themes

Post by dasinc »

G'day,

My search ability sucks.....or this hasn't been asked before, which I can't believe!

I am going to be putting rainmeter on a small usb monitor (mimo). What I basically want though, is to create several themes and have rainmeter automatically swap between them based on time. Also buttons to change the themes will be used as well.

Is this doable? If so, what do I need to look up?

As if it isn't obvious, I've never used rainmeter before, but I am sure I'll be able to butcher something together :).....maybe.
KreAch3R

Re: Automatic changing of skins or themes

Post by KreAch3R »

Yes, it is doable, you "basically" need time & calc measures to automatically load and unload themes based on time, and simple buttons to change themes.
There are others users as well that wanted to change themes with buttons, you can search for that. You should study the time, calc measures and !bangs in rainmeter manual, to start your project. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
dasinc

Post by dasinc »

Excellent, thanks for the reply. Now that I know it is possible I'll have a look and the things you mentioned.

Does anyone know of a skin that changes themes? I am suprised it is not more common.
dasinc

Post by dasinc »

G'day,

OK, well I got my mimo monitor and I thought I'd start to look at rainmeter tonight....Just plodding along with the supernoob basics and have hit a snag....

Can someone tell me why the following will display all three groups on refresh, up until seconds equals '01', then it does what it should and displays Network_Info, and hides the other two. After that though, it never changes again...??

;this doesnt work
[m_Time_Controller]
Measure=Time
Format=%S
IfEqualValue=01
IfEqualAction=!Execute [!ShowGroup Network_Info][!HideGroup Time_Info][!HideGroup Drives_Info]
IfEqualValue=21
IfEqualAction=!Execute [!HideGroup Network_Info][!ShowGroup Time_Info][!HideGroup Drives_Info]
IfEqualValue=41
IfEqualAction=!Execute [!HideGroup Network_Info][!HideGroup Time_Info][!ShowGroup Drives_Info]

Any ideas?

P.S. The one below here actually works, dunno why the other doesn't...
;MEASURES this works
;[m_Time_Controller]
;Measure=Time
;Format=%S
;IfAboveValue=29
;IfAboveAction=!Execute [!ShowGroup Network_Info][!HideGroup Time_Info]
;IfBelowValue=30
;IfBelowAction=!Execute [!HideGroup Network_Info][!ShowGroup Time_Info]
;IfEqualValue=10
;IfEqualAction=!Execute [!HideGroup Network_Info][!HideGroup Time_Info]
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

You can only have 1 IfEqualValue/Action pair per measure.

Here is some more information on IfActions.

-Brian
dasinc

Post by dasinc »

Ahh thanks for that.....that is what I get for not reading the intro! Sorry about that...
dasinc

Post by dasinc »

Ok guys, I have another question - SURPRISE! :)

Hoping someone can give me some code, or explain the logic to do the following:

I want to change the skins showing ever x number of seconds. Anywhere from every 60 seconds to every 600.

I can't work out how to setup a counter that increments with each second....then when it gets to my predetermined amount, is reset to zero. I think I will need two of them. One to count the seconds, then another one to count the number of times it has reached that amount so I know which skin to show. Then when all skins have cycled through it will be reset.

Does that make sense?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Actually another question - can you setup line graph network monitor to be xx in height and specify that say, 2MBytes in = 100% of that, and have the graph map properly to that height...no autoscaling etc....I've tried but not getting the result I want.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Variables]
Counter=1
NumOfSetups=6

[cCounter]
Measure=Calc
Formula=cCounter%600+1
IfEqualValue=600
IfEqualAction=!SetVariable Counter (#Counter#%#NumOfSetups#+1)
DynamicVariables=1
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
dasinc

Post by dasinc »

Wow, nice and elegant - thanks!
I get what it is doing, but I can't seem to get the Counter to increment. cCounter is behaving as it should. Any ideas?
dasinc

Post by dasinc »

mmm As far as I can tell, the !SetVariable command isn't working. DynamicVariables=1 is set.

The EqualValue is being reached and the EqualAction is being 'actioned' as I setup a play command to test it.

Strange.