It is currently May 12th, 2024, 2:58 pm

DB status via SQL code?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ApexPredator

DB status via SQL code?

Post by ApexPredator »

Hi,

First time posting on the forum, been using Rainmeter for a couple of weeks now on my personal laptop and love it, want to start using it at work now as well as I find it very productive!

One thing I would love to be able to do at work (not sure if its possible or been done) is to have a skin where a SQL code could be ran against a DB using my NT login or a custom login and return a simple query. Such as the Max Date in a table, this way when I log on in the morning I already have a quick heads up of what tables have and have not been updated.

If this has not been updated I would take a stab myself, just curious to the level of complexity im asking about.

Thanks!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: DB status via SQL code?

Post by jsmorley »

There is nothing in native Rainmeter that is capable of interacting with SQL directly, however you could create actions in Rainmeter that execute some 3rd party utility, .vbs script or even batch file. (I don't recommend batch files due to the brief display of a cmd window) If that external process can accept parameters from the Rainmeter skin, and create some kind of text file as output, (XML, CSV, whatever you like) you can then parse that file with WebParser in Rainmeter and display or take additional action based on the values.