It is currently May 5th, 2024, 9:04 pm

[Suggestion] bang to focus config

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Alex Becherer

[Suggestion] bang to focus config

Post by Alex Becherer »

i would like a bang that gives focus to a config

Code: Select all

!Focus (Config)
this way i could have a config like an OS X dock on the bottom of the screen with normal z-order.
and a second invisible config with topmost z-order on the bottom of the screen. this second config has a meter with a MouseOverAction that gives focus to the first config.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: [Suggestion] bang to focus config

Post by dragonmage »

Is this the Alex Becherer? If so, glad you could join us. A focus config bang might be handy. One of the devs will have to weigh in on if it is possible or not. I think for what you are trying to do !Zpos might be a workable solution.

!ZPos [POS] (Config)
Changes the z-position of the window. -2 = OnDesktop, -1 = OnBottom, 0 = Normal, 1 = OnTop, 2 = Topmost.

You should be able to have your invisible config set the Zpos of your dock to 2 on mouseover. Then have your dock set itself back to 0 on mouseleave. I think I used something similar on a skin in the past.
Alex Becherer

Re: [Suggestion] bang to focus config

Post by Alex Becherer »

changing the z-position will do for now, but there is more i would like to do. for example the dock has a calendar "docklet" that toggles a calendar config. sure would be nice if it could get focus when shown. would be cool if this could be implemented.

yes, it's me. real life has taken over, so i probably won't contribute much, if anything at all. also my code is ugly compared to all the cool stuff released recently. :)