It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 3:35 am

Weather Woes

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Helltech

Weather Woes

Post by Helltech »

I've been using SGT's weather skin for ever. It hasn't had problem till just recently. Maybe an old version now, it just says 1000000 as the AppVersion?

Anyway for the last month my weather has been acting goofy, and its not just my one computer. It will just show the "weather channel" icon sometimes, randomly, for no reason. When I click update skin it still happens. It works for about, oh I don't know, 10 minutes a day.

Yeah... so I'm still using an older Rainmeter, honestly I don't use that many skins, I use what I have and thats all I need so I havn't seen a reason to update.

I figured there might have been recent changes (recent as in the last two months), with the weather.com servers that would be causing the problem. So maybe someone knows whats up? I tried to search but everyone elses problems seemed different.
VClouds

Re: Weather Woes

Post by VClouds »

There's a problem with the weather.com servers for the past month, especially in the 10 days forecast feed.
What you can try to do is editing the skin your using and search all the lines that looks like this:
http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#dest#?cc=*&unit=#SCALE#&dayf=[b][u]10[/u][/b]
Now in all the lines you found replace the number 10 at end of the line with a lower number.
Helltech

Re: Weather Woes

Post by Helltech »

VClouds wrote:There's a problem with the weather.com servers for the past month, especially in the 10 days forecast feed.
What you can try to do is editing the skin your using and search all the lines that looks like this:
http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/#dest#?cc=*&unit=#SCALE#&dayf=[b][u]10[/u][/b]
Now in all the lines you found replace the number 10 at end of the line with a lower number.
Thanks for the reply! I'm only using current temp though, only had that line once. I changed it to 5, well see if it stays working.