It is currently May 6th, 2024, 1:47 am

Having trouble with Settings-TrayMeasure

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
spchtr

Having trouble with Settings-TrayMeasure

Post by spchtr »

Ok, I'm trying to get it to use a custom tray icon for Rainmeter. Basically because at the moment I can't see it on the default grey background of the classic windows system tray. I'm running Vista, but have always hated the aero glass, and bubblegummy feel of the default xp and vista interfaces. All I did was extract the icon from Rainmeter and adjust the brightness down some in Gimp, then saved it as an '.ico' file. It is 16x16. Are there any other requirements for the stats of the file?

Here's the code I've got in Rainmeter.ini...

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
DisableVersionCheck=0
Logging=0
Language=1033
ConfigEditor="D:\Pub\Bin\SavageEd2\SavageEd2.exe"

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=CALC
TrayMeter=BITMAP
TrayBitmap="D:\Pub\Var\Customizations\Rainmeter\TrayIconDark.ico"

[illustro\Clock]
Active=0
Any suggestions as to why it doesn't seem to be working would be most appreciated.
smurfier

Re: Having trouble with Settings-TrayMeasure

Post by smurfier »

I suggest trying it with the .ico inside a folder that is located with your skins folder.

YourSkinsFolder\Icon\Icon.ico
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
spchtr

Post by spchtr »

Ok tried to change the path of the .ico file, moving it into a folder under the Skins folder. I'm not sure how increasing the length of the path is supposed to help. Anyhow it didn't change anything, the icon has still not changed.

[Rainmeter]
DisableVersionCheck=0
Logging=0
Language=1033
ConfigEditor="D:\Pub\Bin\SavageEd2\SavageEd2.exe"

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=CALC
TrayMeter=BITMAP
TrayBitmap="D:\Pub\Var\Customizations\Rainmeter\Skins\Myn\TaskIcon\TrayIconDark.ico"

[illustro\Clock]
Active=0
That's the new path to the file, I've also tried using TrayBitmap="#PROGRAMFOLDER#/Skins/Myn/TaskIcon/TrayIconDark.ico" to no effect.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

With the icon in your skins folder the measure would look like this:

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=CALC
TrayMeter=BITMAP
TrayBitmap=Myn\TaskIcon\TrayIconDark.ico
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
spchtr

Post by spchtr »

Ok, awesome. Still not sure why it wasn't taking the full path, 5 lines above it I use a full path to define the preferred text editor to use with no problems. So I just have to remember that it can't find pictures outside the skins directory.

Cool, man, thanks a lot. :)

Any idea how to tell a meter to check the current state of the mouse buttons, during an OnMouseOver() event?
Last edited by spchtr on January 19th, 2012, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Smurfier is correct. As it says in the manual http://rainmeter.net/cms/Settings-TrayMeasure_beta, the path for TrayBitmap is relative to the Skins folder.
spchtr

Post by spchtr »

Right you are, I must learn to read these things more carefully. Easy to overlook things are often what ends up being my biggest frustrations.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

spchtr wrote:Right you are, I must learn to read these things more carefully. Easy to overlook things are often what ends up being my biggest frustrations.
This particular setting is very specific to this TrayMeasure functionality, and probably should be changed to allow a fully qualified path, to be consistent with the rest of Rainmeter.