It is currently May 6th, 2024, 6:44 am

Better Mobile Installation Support

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
AurumSage

Better Mobile Installation Support

Post by AurumSage »

There is one problem that is keeping me from using Rainmeter at its full potential and that is the lack of needed files that do not come in the mobile installation option. These files are the Visual Basic C++ DLLs that need to be installed seperately when doing this installation. I have downloaded all the DLLs multiple times from multiple sites but none work properly with the program (these include the MSVCR100.dll, MSVCP100.dll, etc.). If you could include these DLLs in the upcoming beta installation it help tremendously for those of who want this program available to them no matter what computer we're at.

Thanks,
AurumSage
poiru
Developer

Re: Better Mobile Installation Support

Post by poiru »

I'll look into this for 2.3 (beta) for the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 libraries.

Note that some Rainmeter plugins (mostly 3rd party) require the presence of the .NET framework. I doubt that .NET can be installed in a portable manner (although I am not sure of this).
santa_ryan

Re: Better Mobile Installation Support

Post by santa_ryan »

Poiru,

There is no way to do a "portable" .net installation that I know of.

However, I do believe there are libraries (Portable.Net) that you can compile with that will make the plugins portable in and of themselves.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.