It is currently May 6th, 2024, 7:50 am

Rainmeter will not start up

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mr_Funkalicous

Rainmeter will not start up

Post by Mr_Funkalicous »

So as many others I decided to download Rainmeter after seeing an example. So I install Rainmeter and also the skin that got me interested in it. It starts up the first time and displays the standard boxes and the welcome message, I read through the 101, put the skin I downloaded into the Documents/Rainmeter/Skins and install it so everything is there.
Now I have the skin manager open and unload the basic boxes and welcome message and load up the skin I downloaded, I look at it, happy face, but decide to browse other skins so I unload it.

Now here is where stuff happens. I go to start Rainmeter (at rainmeter.exe) and noting happens....I hear a beep boop and nothing pops up, wait a couple of minutes and still nothing.
-Reinstall the skin I downloaded and check the box saying "Run Rainmeter when finished."
nope.avi
-Reinstall Rainmeter.
nope.avi, no basic boxes or welcome message
-Get rid of Rainmeter completely and download a fresh version, install, and hope.
nope.avi

I don't know what I did to stop it from starting up with the skin manager, or maybe I am just looking the solution right in the face and cannot see it.

Skin I Downloaded: http://axerron.deviantart.com/art/Skyrim-Rainmeter-Skin-271352340
poiru
Developer

Re: Rainmeter will not start up

Post by poiru »

After you start Rainmeter.exe, click on the Rainmeter tray icon.
Mr_Funkalicous

Re: Rainmeter will not start up

Post by Mr_Funkalicous »

It worked, thank you.