It is currently May 6th, 2024, 10:31 pm

Rainmeter Backup - Themes and Skins

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
JohnBurns

Rainmeter Backup - Themes and Skins

Post by JohnBurns »

I just updated to Version 2.2. My backup seems to have changed - when I attempt to backup, it closes Rainmeter , showing no progress of the backup. Is this normal? I am somewhat confused about the change in the way the backup works. Appreciate any help in this area. Thanks.
Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.870)
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
OnDemand: Adwcleaner, MRT, Emsisoft EEK
JohnBurns

Re: Rainmeter Backup - Themes and Skins

Post by JohnBurns »

Is this a stupid question - or posted in the wrong section? Several views but no responses. :???:
44))Realtime: Windows Defender, McAfee Total Access-Total Protection, Malwarebytes, WiseVector, HMP Alert, UAC Highest Level
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

The backup process does indeed close Rainmeter to avoid potential issues. In your case, does it fail to create a backup?
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

It does create a backup - yes. However the previous version backup stayed on screen while going through the backup process....then closing. Now, it just seems to close Rainmeter and go away...just confused me, I guess. Thanks for response, I guess I felt more secure with previous version procedure - lol!