It is currently May 6th, 2024, 9:32 am

Rainmeter fails to start when windows starts

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
darkpeanut

Rainmeter fails to start when windows starts

Post by darkpeanut »

I am currently running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit operating system and am having a start up issue with rain meter 2.2. When i first installed rainmeter over my 2.1 installation, Rainmeter failed to start up. At first, I thought it was some installation issue because when i tried to install rainmeter from my browser after the download i get message asking me to place the password in for my admin account. However, when i place the password, the system rejects it and canceling the password entry results in a software installation rollback.( keep in mind that their is only one account on the machine and that is an administrator account and my password doesn't work) Therefore in order to bypass this problem. i go into my downloads folder and run the installation file as administrator and the installation goes through without a hitch. However, after the installation when i go to the start menu and go to the rainmeter folder, the folder is empty. The only way to start up rainmeter is by going through program files and navigating to the rainmeter folder and starting the program from their.also I checked if rainmeter was marked for start up in both ms config and the start up folder and it was marked for start up and their is an icon inside the start up folder however the icon is some unidentifiable icon which suggests that it does not associate with the program. I have tried to resolve the issue by doing a clean install meaning uninstalling and removing all settings and skins, removing registry entries, folder, and cleaning out my temp folder. I have done this three times with the same result. How can i resolve this issue?