It is currently May 9th, 2024, 6:26 am

Having an issue with Steam Wheel...

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Radox626

Having an issue with Steam Wheel...

Post by Radox626 »

So I downloaded this skin as part of a pack of a few skins, and when I got it, the Steam Wheel was already set up with icons. In order to change the icons and the links that they go to, you need to configure it in the config settings, which I completely understand.

What I don't understand, however, is why when I tried to change a firefox icon to a google chrome icon, the icon doesn't fit, even though it was provided with the download.

Here is a pic that should help explain:
http://puu.sh/cE4z

The problem, as you can see, is the icon on the very top of the Steam Wheel, and how it is cut up. Does anyone know how to fix this and to make it look like one icon?
Mordasius

Re: Having an issue with Steam Wheel...

Post by Mordasius »

It will be easier for someone to help with your problem if you post a link to the Steam Wheel skin you are trying to modify.
Radox626

Post by Radox626 »

This is where I got it from.

http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/68970
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

That would be because the Google Chrome icon you are using is not set up to be used in a button meter. That would be why the Template.png file is included.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
AlC

Post by AlC »

The (normal) firefox icon is 64x64 and the firefox meter is a Button meter so the image is 192x64 (normal, clicked, hover).
The chrome icon is 128x128 so you must edit it with gimp, ps or paint.

... some image editing.

try it with this file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Radox626

Post by Radox626 »

AlC wrote:The (normal) firefox icon is 64x64 and the firefox meter is a Button meter so the image is 192x64 (normal, clicked, hover).
The chrome icon is 128x128 so you must edit it with gimp, ps or paint.

... some image editing.

try it with this file.
And how would I go about editing it? Can I like, save it as a different resolution?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Please see my link above. It gives you some information about making images for button meters.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
AlC

Post by AlC »

Did the file in my post worked for you ?
And how would I go about editing it? Can I like, save it as a different resolution?
I did it with gimp. Opened the chrome file -> on the top bar "Picture" (I think, didn't have the english version)
-> scale picture -> Set High and Width to 64.

Create a new file: 192x64 with transparent background. Now copy the new 64x64 chrome image 3 times in this image. 1 for the normal state, 1 for the hover state, 1 for the clicked state.

Normally you use some effects on the hover and clicked images like shadow or shine. I don't know why this guy use the button-meter without any effects :???:

EDIT: You're fast again smurfier :)
And damn I needed more than 15 minutees for this post ...
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.