It is currently September 19th, 2024, 11:39 pm

Hi!

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
gemtab

Hi!

Post by gemtab »

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself and say how awesome I think Rainmeter is. I'm just getting into it and don't have a huge coding background so it's a great challenge. In RL I'm an RN, and I've been interested in applying technology to healthcare, and rainmeter is really opening the door to some amazing stuff.
Cheers,
gemtab
Ahnìon

Re: Hi!

Post by Ahnìon »

Hey gemtab. I'm rather new here myself, but I wanted to say welcome and point out that you don't really need a lot of coding skills to write Rainmeter skins (though it does help.)

I mean, yes, if you want to get into LUA scripting, that is going to be coding in a real (though pretty light) sense, but within the standard skinning process, most things should be pretty accessible to anyone prepared to take the time to learn how it all goes together, and there's clearly a greatly helpful community here to help anyone who stumbles.

I guess it's pretty much the same as with graphics -- while you would benefit from being a computer graphics pro, pretty much anyone could change a few backgrounds and icons. Also, you can learn as you go.

Anyway, enough musing -- again, welcome. More the merrier. ;)
death is a sausage! .