It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:15 pm

File Browser

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
YGKtech

File Browser

Post by YGKtech »

I'm working on a file browser skin to act as the primary interface for my HTPC.

I started by copying some of the code out of another file browsing skin, which amounts to 18 iterated copies of the same measure and 18 copies of the matching meter. Using some document-wide find&replace commands I scaled the interface up substantially (the original skin was inspired, but a bit small for my purposes).

Besides that I have added a proper back button to replace the zero-index implementation the original author had used.

The skin I've been cannibalizing is the Browser.ini from Desk Cloud 2

Here's a shot of what I have so far:

I plan to move the scroll buttons (top right) to their respective ends of the frame, increase the font size, increase the number of files/folders displayed, and probably crop it down to less than fullscreen. But most of that will be customization I do specifically for my HTPC's interface, so my main goal is to make a browser skin with a plain interface, that is easy to customize so more people can incorporate this into their setups.
YGKtech

Re: File Browser

Post by YGKtech »

Just posted it on DeviantArt, Link

it's a beta release of sorts, the .ini currently contains almost 1.5 thousand lines of text, so I really just want to put this out there and get some feedback on what could be improved.
tru

Post by tru »

Crashes my Rainmeter..

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit

http://prntscr.com/4zjt5

a pic of the error msg....
YGKtech

Post by YGKtech »

I think i know the problem, I was drinking when I compressed and uploaded the rmskin, this morning I realized put the same file in the 32 bit and 64 bit plugin folders. I run 64 bit so it didn't show up during testing. I'll have it fixed in a few minutes.

EDIT:

O.K. new rmskin is uploaded to DA, delete the filelistplugin.dll from your plugins folder and run the new rmskin, it should work fine now.
tru

Post by tru »

That fixed it...Thanks :)
Proto

Post by Proto »

I found this really useful, thanks for posting it