It is currently May 9th, 2024, 3:22 am

Trouble creating rmskin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
YGKtech

Trouble creating rmskin

Post by YGKtech »

I just finished making a skin, I have it running perfectly so I am certain the .ini is working, but when I compress it into a .rmskin and run it I get the following error

I have read over the instructions for creating the rmskin a few times and googled for others with the same problem, but no luck so far.

My exact methodology so far has been as follows:
1) extract the template
2) add my skin's .ini to the \Template\Skins folder along with a .inc file I use to store some color variables
3) edit the Rainstaller.cfg file by adding the skin name, author name, and version, leaving all other fields blank
4) send the Template folder to a .zip (realizing this created a zip containing the template folder and it's subfolders rather than just the subfolders I tried compressing the subfolders directly. This yielded the same result in the end.)
5) change the file extension with the provided extension changer tool.
6) delete the skin from my install directory, and reload rainmeter
7) run the rmskin

I have used rmskins to install others work before so I know the problem isn't there.
My instincts tell me it's a simple issue that may cause me to facepalm, but It's not jumping out at me so any help would be appreciated
smurfier

Re: Trouble creating rmskin

Post by smurfier »

Could you please upload your "defective" rmskin to mediafire and give us the url?
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
YGKtech

Post by YGKtech »

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

You need to put the skin files inside their own folder.

Template > Skins > BarClock > Your Skin Files
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
YGKtech

Post by YGKtech »

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Just finished testing to be sure, works perfectly now.