It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:24 pm

"Edit skin" Wont work!?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Mushcube

"Edit skin" Wont work!?

Post by Mushcube »

HI!
So, I'm running a lil problem in here, I cant get "Edit skin" button to work :-(
Every time I try to use it, it just opens a new Rainmeter running to background... With a copy of the skin I try to add
Tryed uninstalling/reinstalling, this post http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9799 either worked... been trying to change the things manualy in .ini files I needed to be changed... didn't affect on enything. :? What is wrong with my Rainmeter??

Here is screenshot of my problem.

Sorry for bad english/ if this is in wrong category/ and all the mistakes I made posting to here :rosegift: my first post.
Last edited by smurfier on December 18th, 2011, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to use HSimg tags.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: "Edit skin" Wont work!?

Post by jsmorley »

Try just removing that ConfigEditor= line completely, save and restart Rainmeter.
Mushcube

Post by Mushcube »

Nope, nothing happens... still opens new one every time trying to edit a skin ://

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Go to Documents\Rainmeter\Skins and find any .ini file. Right click it and say "Open with / Choose default program". Then set Notepad.exe or whatever text editor you use as the default program to open .ini files with. Now try "Edit skin" in Rainmeter.
Mushcube

Post by Mushcube »

Changed, no affect :-( Opens new Rainmeter running on back...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

What happens if you just double-click a .ini file in Windows Explorer?
Mushcube

Post by Mushcube »

It opens it in Notepad, how ever I got Rainmater open the skin in Notepad at the new copy of Rainmeter... hope you understood me :S Still it wont do enything with them in the orginal running Rainmeter

The lower Time/date skins are running on the orginal Rainmeter
That "soita" Spotify player is running in the new Rainmeter it opens everytime I try to edit something in the orginal Rainmeter :(

Ummm allso, now if I close the new copy of Rainmeter and try to "edit skin" of the orginal Clock Skin running in Rainmeter it opens the closed copy of Rainmeter with the skins I have loaded in there...

http://aijaa.com/008879225674.jpg