It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:25 pm

Help! new Rainmeter won't install

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
shinsevenx

Help! new Rainmeter won't install

Post by shinsevenx »

Hello, I've used Rainmeter before on my laptop, and recently I built my own desktop and came here and found that Rainmeter had been updated. Happily, I downloaded it. I went to install it shortly after, and it brought up an error that said "Error: Rainmeter-2.1.exe is not a valid Win-32 application" then it crashed. Am I doing something wrong? Or should I find the installer somewhere else?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help! new Rainmeter won't install

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Perhaps the download didn't finish properly. Try re-downloading it. You should get it from here: http://rainmeter.net
I suggest you download the latest beta release. Then right-click and run as administrator (just double clicking doesn't work for me).
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
shinsevenx

Re: Help! new Rainmeter won't install

Post by shinsevenx »

thanks....how big is the file supposed to be? Because when I download it, it finishes really fast and it says the finished installer is like...12kb. I can't help but think that's not quite right...

EDIT: Thanks! I went to the download page again, and I kept redownloading it, until it was the exact size it was supposed to be. I don't why it would cut it off and make it seem like it was done when it wasn't.