It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:30 pm

Shrinking Rainmeter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
VampireRebel

Shrinking Rainmeter

Post by VampireRebel »

Hello,

Every so often when I start my computer and Rainmeter starts along with it, sometimes my Rainmeter "shrinks". I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but here's some screenshots I've taken to try and explain it.

This is (half of) what my desktop looks like normally when Rainmeter is working fine:

And here is what it looks like when it's "shrunk":

The only way to fix this that I've discovered so far is to shut down my computer completely and switch it back on again, which is kind of annoying. And it doesn't happen all the time, only sometimes.. But it's still kind of annoying.

Can anyone help me with this?

All help appreciated, and thanks in advance! :D
Last edited by smurfier on December 9th, 2011, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added HSimg tags.
poiru
Developer

Re: Shrinking Rainmeter

Post by poiru »

This is not a problem with Rainmeter since your taskbar height differs in both shots. I suspect this is due to your DPI setting. You might want to check if some other application is changing your DPI setting.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

If the dpi is being changed, the Log tab in the About dialog will read System: Display Settings Changed
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
VampireRebel

Post by VampireRebel »

poiru wrote:This is not a problem with Rainmeter since your taskbar height differs in both shots. I suspect this is due to your DPI setting. You might want to check if some other application is changing your DPI setting.
Oh yes, I see what you mean by the changing size of the taskbar, but I think it's different because of the different times I took the screenshots. I changed the size of the taskbar myself a while back.

Since this happened today, I'm not sure if this helps, but here's 2 screenshots from today:

smurfier wrote:If the dpi is being changed, the Log tab in the About dialog will read System: Display Settings Changed
When I look on the Log tab and the About dialog it does say this, if it's 'shrunk', but when it's the 'normal' size it doesn't.

What should I do to try and stop this? And how do I check if other applications are changing my dpi?

Thanks for the replies :)