It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:26 pm

Help with first theme setup

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ravndark

Help with first theme setup

Post by ravndark »

I'm trying to begin using rain meter and I seem to be running into a little problem applying a theme that I downloaded:

http://hpluslabels.deviantart.com/art/Eker-lina-rainmeter-The-SKIN-234828538

I just found it on the main site and wanted to apply it and get a better feel for how this program works. but when i hit install nothing seems to happen. It says it will be applied after rainmeter reboots, so I close it and open it again and it looks the same as when i initially downloaded.

If I goto manage It shows the folders for these themes but it seems like I have to go into each individual folder and activate each component separately. It just seems like I'm missing something like the program has some really easy way to make it all work and I just don't see it.

Any help is appreciated. thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Help with first theme setup

Post by jsmorley »

No, you have it about right. Once you install the .rmskin the suite of skins are available to load, but they need to be loaded individually using the "Manage" function of Rainmeter on the system tray icon. Load each, and drag it to where you want it on your screen. Rainmeter will remember where you leave it from then on.

Some of these skins may need additional tweaking to set your weather location or gmail username and such. Read any instructions on the deviantART site or in the skin for help with that.