It is currently September 19th, 2024, 11:45 pm

Belgian Blue

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Belgian Blue

Belgian Blue

Post by Belgian Blue »

Hi, my name is Peter, I'm a 31-year old biochemist from Belgium, father of two boys, an avid bodybuilding enthousiast, whose also a fan of card games and computers (you can stop looking like a geek, you can never stop being one ;) )

I'm very new to Rainmeter, I discovered it just earlier this week. Started by browsing for cool skins and since yesterday started learning my first steps by editing some of the skins other people made. I'd like to graduate to making skins. The good part is I'm obsessed, as I was up til 3 AM last night troubleshooting an edit I was making, and couldn't rest until I figured it out :p The bad part is it seems I have a ways to go and I suck at photoshop, so I'll probably never be able to make my own meters and buttons :(. But I'm not giving up.

Way back when I was into desktop modding, and back then it was samurize. I see that's still around, but with Windows 7, it seems that Rainmeter is just so much more user friendly, and overall just easier in us. So so far i'm just tinkering with standard Rainmeter and Rocketdock set-ups. Was considering going Windowblinds, but its easier to just rainmeter the whole thing and hide as much of windows as you can, though it might still be nice to be able to skin stuff like WMP etc (yes, I know I can use Winamp, but just so used to WMP ;)). So this is my first trip back to desktop modding in several years (new computer got me excited again : Phenom II x4 CPU, 8GB Dual Channel Ram, ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Motherboard, 3x500GB hard drives (two recuperated from old system), Inno3D VGA PCI‐E GTX550 2Gb GDDR5 (I don't game, but do use two monitors, so great VGA card as it has 2 DVI))

If anyone can point me to more places where I can learn more about Rainmeter or get more skins (so far checked this site, Customize en deviantart) and definitely places where I could find various meters (as that's my great weakness) I would be much obliged. Hope to meet some like-minded folks here, and learn as much as I can.
Seahorse

Re: Belgian Blue

Post by Seahorse »

Hi, :welcome: you can probably be best advised to have a read through Rainmeter 101 and the other documents as and when required. Other than the sites you listed, the only other one I know with Rainmeter skins is WinCustomize.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt