It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 2:57 am

How to make meter for back and forward movement

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Japstek

How to make meter for back and forward movement

Post by Japstek »

Hi all!

There are lot of different clocks out there for rainmeter so I thought "why not to make a skin with to simulate a pendulum clock". So what would be most efficient way to make a pendulum movement. Pretty much everything else is trivial.

I understand rainmeter doesn't support animated gifs or apng, so they are out of option. I could do it by making image meter with dynamic variables and rotate it but how to make a measure with values from say -30 to 30 (as in angles). Like -30, 0, 30, 0, -30, 0, ... and so on...

Or would it be possible to just make two overlapping meters which would be otherwise the same but another rotates clockwise and other counterclockwise. They would rotate full round but be hidden when not needed. This might be doable with rotator meter, I think.

I am quite sure pendulum movement is possible to achieve but how to make it efficient and smooth is the problem.

So what do you think?
-Thanks
Mordasius

Re: How to make meter for back and forward movement

Post by Mordasius »

I think you might like to have a look at the BitMap meter described here along with the tips about animated .gif files shown here. I've never played with BitMap meters myself, but they may offer a way of smoothly swinging a pendulum if you use enough frames and a lowish Update rate for the BitMap meter.
Japstek

Re: How to make meter for back and forward movement

Post by Japstek »

Thanks, I checked bitmap meter and it could work. It is just going to one huge picture for what I understand. It wont be smooth without atleast 10 frames per second and one frame should be around 300x300 pixels. Pendulum is going to be quite too small with any smaller frames.