It is currently May 1st, 2024, 5:00 pm

Graphs help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jstuart138

Graphs help

Post by jstuart138 »

I recently came back to Rainmeter with the itch to really do some harm. :) The thing I'm having an issue with at the moment is with meter lines. What i'm trying to do is make the graph go left to right instead of right to left. I was reading about transformation matrices and thought i was wrapping my head around it but I don't know if i was doing it wrong or if it doesn't work with meter lines. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.
smurfier

Re: Graphs help

Post by smurfier »

According to the Manual it's TransformationMatrix=-1;0;0;1;2x;0 where 2x is 2 times the x value of the meter.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jstuart138

Post by jstuart138 »

Thanks for the reply, i tried it and it makes it disappear. Also tried it with an image and that disappeared as well.

EDIT: That was it, I had to adjust the x value that was already there to bring it back onto the panel. I just missed doing that before, Thanks for helping.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

You'll have to play with the 2x part of that line. I just played with it a bit and in order to get it to flip on line 210, I had to set it to 205.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

The stuff that belongs into the last two numbers of the TransformationMatrix depends on the x Position and the width of the meter. When playing with TransformationMatrices you have to remember that all transformations are relative to the top left corner of the whole skin. If you use something like TransformationMatrix=-1;0;0;1;0;0 that means the meter is flipped around the left edge of the skin, which will make it disappear. You'll have to shift it back by adding 2*X+W to the matrix: TransformationMatrix=-1;0;0;1;2*X+W;0

Here X is the X position of the meter's left edge and W is the meter's width. You'll either have to calculate it and put a number into the matrix or use a Calc measure if the width or position are dynamic. Just putting that formula in there like in my code won't work.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!