It is currently May 1st, 2024, 1:46 pm

Help in launching Media Player playlist on MouseUpAction

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
iSpardz

Help in launching Media Player playlist on MouseUpAction

Post by iSpardz »

Hi,

I am a newbie with Rainmeter. I was trying to make a list of my favorite media player playlists and configuring rainmeter so that when I click on the name of any one, that playlist launches in Windows media player.

I have the below execute query, but for some reason it is not launching the playlist:

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "[measureLink1]"] ]

This just launches media player on click. measureLink1 has the complete path of the playlist (e.g. C:\Data\Playlists\myPlaylist.wpl) that I want to run and this command works perfectly if I run it in the command prompt.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
iSpardz
poiru
Developer

Re: Help in launching Media Player playlist on MouseUpAction

Post by poiru »

You have extra brackets at the end. Try:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "[measureLink1]"]
iSpardz

Post by iSpardz »

Sorry, the last "]" was a typo while I was pasting here. I have exactly what u wrote in the code. Only media player runs, it does not get the playlist run.

Additionally, I have tried:

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "D:\Data\Playlists\myPlaylist.wpl"]

And this works perfectly.

I also tried making a bat script that takes the playlist path as an argument and then runs the exact same command. In this case I have worked everything out. It works fine but there is an extra prompt window open that I have to close every time I launch this. I am working on a way to open the player without that. The command that works in this case is:

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["D:\launch.bat" [measureLink1]]

Where launch.bat has nothing in it but:

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" %1

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Assuming you're talking about Windows Media Player:

It appears that the playlist already needs to be registered in Windows Media Player before launching it from the command line, and is done thusly:

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "/Playlist" "PlaylistName"]

Read: Windows Media Player Command Line Parameters
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
iSpardz

Post by iSpardz »

Yes, I am talking about Windows Media Player. I have tried you suggestion also but the result is the same. Media Player launches without the Playlist.