It is currently May 7th, 2024, 8:49 pm

BAR lacation/resizing problem

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Malonn

BAR lacation/resizing problem

Post by Malonn »

I've developed some skins in the past, so I'm not a complete noob. But I'm having some trouble with the basics after updating to the latest beta as of today. Problem is, I'm trying to create a BAR for WiFi signal strength. But the image I'm using isn't getting set to the correct position, or resized. Here's the skin:

Code: Select all

[MeterNetworkSignalStrengthEmpty]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#SKINSPATH#\Malonn System Information\Images\WBG.png
X=355
Y=332
W=24
H=24

[MeterNetworkSignalStrength]
Meter=BAR
MeasureName=MeasureWiFiSignalStrength
BarImage=#SKINSPATH#\Malonn System Information\Images\WFG.png
X=0r
Y=0r
W=24
H=24
BarOrientation=VERTICAL
And here's a pic of the result. Not quite right, as far as my understanding goes.

I've created several skins with bars, and have never encountered this problem.
Last edited by smurfier on November 19th, 2011, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to use HSimg tags.
Seahorse

Re: BAR lacation/resizing problem

Post by Seahorse »

Looks like the graphics files are different sizes and the X=0r means they appear to the right & below (relative). Match coordinates, and check that the images are the same dimensions.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Bar meters do not obey W and H when an image as used as the bar. You need to be sure the actual image is the size you need. The image meter you are using as a background for the bar meter can be sized with W and H, but the image used as the "bar" cannot. So you need to actually make the bar "image" 24 X 24 or whatever size you need in Photoshop or Gimp or something. Then you can get the background and bar images to line up and get the effect you want.

In fact, it would be a lot easier to create one 24 X 24 image with the "highlighted" color, and use the same image for both. On the image meter for the background, just set GreyScale=1 on the meter. Then the same image will work for both purposes and will line up just right.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Seahorse wrote:Looks like the graphics files are different sizes and the X=0r means they appear to the right & below (relative). Match coordinates, and check that the images are the same dimensions.
No... "R" means that. "r" means relative to the beginning of the previous meter, so "0r" would be at the same starting point as the previous. His problem is a size one, not a position one.
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Oops... :vomit:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Malonn

Post by Malonn »

Righto, fellas. Adjusting the image size in Gimp corrected the problem. Thanks!