It is currently May 7th, 2024, 12:33 pm

weather and placing problem

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
PoinTool

weather and placing problem

Post by PoinTool »

http://pointool.deviantart.com/#/d4ff1e7

this is my desktop, one of the things I did is the clock behind the building. every time I refresh rainmeter or restart the pc it goes in front of the buildings
I tried to use bottom and top stuff and than put it on desktop and it still doesnt work.

second I got weather feed from yahoo (enigma skin) and it always shows yesterdays weather as today's.. what can I do to fix it?

thanks for helping
jsmorley
Developer

Re: weather and placing problem

Post by jsmorley »

PoinTool wrote:http://pointool.deviantart.com/#/d4ff1e7

this is my desktop, one of the things I did is the clock behind the building. every time I refresh rainmeter or restart the pc it goes in front of the buildings
I tried to use bottom and top stuff and than put it on desktop and it still doesnt work.

second I got weather feed from yahoo (enigma skin) and it always shows yesterdays weather as today's.. what can I do to fix it?

thanks for helping
I would set both the skin with the buildings and the skin with the time to "On Desktop", then set the LoadOrder for the buildings skin to "0" and the LoadOrder for the time skin to "-1".

That should fix it.

As far as the weather, I doubt that it is getting yesterday's weather. That isn't really even possible. Yesterday's weather is not even in the feed from Yahoo. What these feeds normally show is "current conditions", "today's forecast", "tomorrow's forecast".
PoinTool

Post by PoinTool »

about the weather: you can see your self the in the screen shot the day is Monday and Monday is the second one in the weather. but maybe the first one is real time or something...

about the load order I need to add a line because I cant see one like that in the setting (LoadOrder=0?)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

PoinTool wrote:about the weather: you can see your self the in the screen shot the day is Monday and Monday is the second one in the weather. but maybe the first one is real time or something...
Exactly. What is provided by the feed is "Current Conditions" "Today's Forecast", "Tomorrow's Forecast".
about the load order I need to add a line because I cant see one like that in the setting (LoadOrder=0?)
I would recommend getting the latest beta version of Rainmeter at http://rainmeter.net and just use the "Manager" to set the LoadOrder for the skins. Or yes, you can add a LoadOrder= line to the skin in Rainmeter.ini.
PoinTool

Post by PoinTool »

I do use the beta.. and I didnt know I can do such a thing in the manger.

thanks it works :D