Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mRSS1
h=15
w=640
clipstring=1
solidcolor=0,0,0,1
LeftMouseUPAction=!execute ["#eVIEWER#" "[RSS1Link1]"]
Minus some junk.

So my problem is that, when the outputted string doesn't fill the dictated width, I still get a 15*640 clickable area that will execute the link.

Is there a way to restrict solidcolor to just the string?
Is there a way to return the width of the current string and set up some overly complicated if action / setoption nightmare?
smurfier

Re: clipstring vs. solidcolor

Post by smurfier »

Nope. SolidColor fills the entire height and width of the meter. If you want it so that you have to click the words, and only the words, omit the SolidColor.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
derth

Post by derth »

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have the solid color there so I'm not losing my clickable between the letters (in the transparent space). Is there another way of getting the same effect?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Getting the length of the string in characters, not pixels, is easy with Lua. The problem is then that not every character in each font is the same width in pixels unless you use a monospaced font.

What is the source of your string?
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
derth

Post by derth »

Hud.vision's RSS is what I'm working with. It's been so thoroughly worked over as to be hardly recognizable.

Basically, I wanted a clickable link'd string up to but no more than 640p. Some of the sites I check have insano long names for their links, or it wouldn't be a problem.